Thursday, April 12, 2012

Don't Worry?? Really??


"Be anxious about nothing..." (Phil 4:6)


Really???  Nothing?? There are instructions in Matthew and Luke to not worry about clothing, food and these types of provision. But this blanket statement seems impossible.  Note the word- seems. Isn't it true that my perspective is what triggers worry or faith?

I was having a conversation with a good friend today who is worried about her husband's health. As we talked she's sharing her feelings and I'm sharing my thoughts (this is normal for our relationship).  She admitted that if she stopped worrying about one person that there were a number of others in line that would step into place. I could relate, but the WORD says not to worry.  How do we do that?

Please understand that I am NOT sharing from a position of "already accomplished this."  This is a learning process that we get, then get again, then get another dimension of....and it goes on.  (Dimensions are the norm when we work with our supernatural Maker; this is the nature of relationships.)

Worry, from the pragmatic side, wastes time and emotional energy of mine and changes absolutely nothing. From the spiritual view, worry is sin. Yup, flat out sin. We have clear, unambiguous instructions from the Word telling us NOT to WORRY. Worry tells God that He's not big, strong, or intelligent enough to handle something. Worry says that I think I'm better at handling this than God is...hmmm, doesn't that make an idol out of me? (I know, ouch)

Faith is the antithesis of worry- the opposite thing that eliminates it. How do we activate faith to eliminate worry?  What does the WORD say?
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)

"But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." (Jude 20-21)
Speak the WORD of God out loud to yourself! Pray in the Holy Ghost!  Shift your perspective from the mundane to the supernatural, from me to Thee!  When my mind focuses on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith, I stop sinning and begin worshipping.

Yes, I know, it's too simple. Try it! I double-dog-dare ya!

Blessings in Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment